OPEN HOUSE EVENTS
Whether you want to try your hand at a new sport, or just check curling off your bucket list, Rock Creek Curling’s open houses are designed for you. Bring your friends and family to learn while having fun on and off the ice. Learn to slide, throw, and sweep in a one-hour session, then experience the fun of curling broomstacking in our warm room upstairs.
Open house events are one of the best ways to both try curling and experience Rock Creek Curling. When you arrive, our USA Curling-certified instructors will guide you through a brief off-ice overview of the basics before taking you into the ice hall for your curling session.
APRIL OPEN HOUSE DATES:
- April 9
On the ice you will have the opportunity to:
- Practice the basics of stone delivery
- Try your hand at sweeping stones towards their target
- Play a one-end game of curling against fellow participants
All on-ice equipment will be provided by Rock Creek Curling, including brooms, curling footwear, and delivery stabilizers for use when delivering your stones.
What to wear:
- Warm, comfortable, flexible clothing that will allow you to move on the ice.
- Bring clean, rubber-soled shoes to the rink with you for on-ice use. Do not wear them into the building to help keep the dirt from making its way onto the ice.
- Thin gloves and a hat are recommended.
- Helmets required for children 13 and under – we recommend ski/snowboard helmets or bike helmets.
INTRO TO CURLING COURSES
Now that you’ve tried curling and want to continue your curling adventure, an Intro to Curling course is a great next step. Call it “Curling 101.”
This course is a two-hour weekly session featuring instruction from the Rock Creek Curling team and gameplay that helps you build skills, learn the basics of the game, and develop strategy. This winter, courses consists of six weeks of instruction and gameplay. Included in this course’s fee are rental curling shoes and club broom. We recommend one or two sessions of the Intro to Curling course before moving onto our full season leagues.
For returning Intro curlers looking to enroll in “Curling 201” to continue your education, register for your preferred course and note in your registration form that you are a returning Intro participant.
Membership to Rock Creek Curling is not required for an Intro to Curling course, but you can participate in this course as a member and take advantage of our membership benefits.
Spring Intro Course Offerings:
- Monday 6-8 pm (Apr. 4 – May 9)
- Wednesday 6-8 pm (Apr. 6 – May 11)
- Thursday 6-8pm (Apr. 7 – May 12)
Registration for all spring Intro to Curling courses are open! If you have any questions about events, please contact us at email@example.com.
JOIN ROCK CREEK TODAY!