INTRO TO CURLING COURSES
Now that you’ve tried curling and want to continue your curling adventure, an Intro to Curling course is a great next step. Call it “Curling 101.” Whether you want to eventually curl in leagues, or just learn how to play the game socially, this is the course for you.
This spring’s weeknight courses are six weekly 2-hour sessions featuring instruction, coaching, and encouragement from the Rock Creek Curling team and gameplay each session that helps you build skills, learn the basics of the game, and develop strategy. We are also offering a 5-session course held over three weekends starting April 29th!
Included in this course’s fee are rental curling shoes and club broom. We recommend one or two sessions of the Intro to Curling course before moving onto our full season leagues.
Membership to Rock Creek Curling is not required for an Intro to Curling course, but you can participate in this course as a member and take advantage of our membership benefits, which include member pricing on practice ice, social curling, and clinics. USA Curling membership is recommended for its Individual member on-ice medical insurance. Visit USA Curling for more information.
Spring Intro Courses Start Week of April 17th – Register Now!
- Weekday evenings Monday, Wednesday or Thursday 6-8 pm, Week of April 17 – Week of May 22
- Weekend course 1 -3 pm, April 29 &30, May 6&7, and May 13
The weeknight course will be six sessions and is $275.
The weekend course will be five sessions and is $230.
If you have any questions about our courses, or the best way for you to get started, please contact us at email@example.com.
OPEN HOUSE EVENTS
Whether you want to try your hand at a new sport, or just check curling off your bucket list, Rock Creek Curling’s open houses are designed for you. Bring your friends and family to learn while having fun on and off the ice.
Learn to slide, throw, and sweep in a one-hour session, then experience the fun of curling broomstacking in our warm room upstairs. Open house events are one of the best ways to both try curling and experience Rock Creek Curling; these sessions are limited to 4 participants per sheet/per instructor. You can book individual spots or reserve 4 spots on a sheet for your group.
Open House sessions are $40 per adult, $20 for youth 13 and under. All of our sessions are family friendly, but we ask that curlers be at least 7 years of age.
On the ice you will have the opportunity to:
- Practice the basics of stone delivery
- Try your hand at sweeping stones towards their target
- Put it all together to get some rocks in play against fellow participants
All on-ice equipment will be provided by Rock Creek Curling, including brooms, curling footwear, and delivery stabilizers for use when delivering your stones.
What to wear:
- Warm, comfortable, flexible clothing that will allow you to move on the ice.
- If you do not wear a Men’s size 3 – 13, or do not wish to wear curling shoes, bring clean, rubber-soled shoes to the rink with you for on-ice use. Do not wear them into the building to help keep the dirt from making its way onto the ice.
- Thin gloves and a hat are recommended. Socks are required.
- Helmets required for children 13 and under – we recommend ski/snowboard helmets or bike helmets.
HEAR OUR NEWS FIRST!