OPEN HOUSE EVENTS
Whether you want to try your hand at a new sport, or just check curling off your bucket list, Rock Creek Curling’s open houses are designed for you. Bring your friends and family to learn while having fun on and off the ice. Learn to slide, throw, and sweep in a one-hour session, then experience the fun of curling broomstacking in our warm room upstairs.
Open house events are one of the best ways to both try curling and experience Rock Creek Curling. When you arrive, our USA Curling-certified instructors will guide you through a brief off-ice overview of the basics before taking you into the ice hall for your curling session.
Open House sessions are $40 per adult, $20 for youth 13 and under. All of our sessions are family friendly, but we ask that curlers be at least 7 years of age.
Upcoming Open House sessions:
- Friday, November 11, sessions at 6, 7, and 8 pm
On the ice you will have the opportunity to:
- Practice the basics of stone delivery
- Try your hand at sweeping stones towards their target
- Put it all together to get some rocks in play against fellow participants
All on-ice equipment will be provided by Rock Creek Curling, including brooms, curling footwear, and delivery stabilizers for use when delivering your stones.
What to wear:
- Warm, comfortable, flexible clothing that will allow you to move on the ice.
- If you do not wear a Men’s size 3 – 13, or do not wish to wear curling shoes, bring clean, rubber-soled shoes to the rink with you for on-ice use. Do not wear them into the building to help keep the dirt from making its way onto the ice.
- Thin gloves and a hat are recommended. Socks are required.
- Helmets required for children 13 and under – we recommend ski/snowboard helmets or bike helmets.
INTRO TO CURLING COURSES
Now that you’ve tried curling and want to continue your curling adventure, an Intro to Curling course is a great next step. Call it “Curling 101.” Whether you want to eventually curl in leagues, or just learn how to play the game socially, this is the course for you.
This course is six, 2-hour sessions featuring instruction, coaching, and encouragement from the Rock Creek Curling team and gameplay each session that helps you build skills, learn the basics of the game, and develop strategy. Included in this course’s fee are rental curling shoes and club broom. We recommend one or two sessions of the Intro to Curling course before moving onto our full season leagues.
Membership to Rock Creek Curling is not required for an Intro to Curling course, but you can participate in this course as a member and take advantage of our membership benefits, which include member pricing on practice ice, social curling, and clinics.
Fall Intro Courses Still Available:
- Fall Weekend Course: Saturdays and Sundays, Oct. 29 – Nov. 13, 1-3 p.m.
All courses are $275.
Registration is open for these Fall Intro to Curling courses! If you have any questions about our courses, or the best way for you to get started, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOIN ROCK CREEK TODAY!