OPEN HOUSE EVENTS
At Rock Creek Curling, our Hit the House open houses and social events are designed for you to try curling. Bring your friends and family to learn while having fun on and off the ice.
Our USA Curling certified instructors will guide you through a brief off-ice overview of the basics before taking you into the ice hall for your curling session.
On the ice you will have the opportunity to:
- Practice the basics of stone delivery
- Try your hand at sweeping stones towards their target
- Play a one-end game of curling against fellow participants
All on-ice equipment will be provided by Rock Creek Curling, including brooms, curling footwear, and delivery stabilizers for use when delivering your stones.
What to wear:
- Warm, comfortable, flexible clothing that will allow you to move on the ice.
- Bring clean, rubber-soled shoes to the rink with you for on-ice use. Do not wear them into the building to help keep the dirt from making its way onto the ice.
- Thin gloves and a hat are recommended.
- Helmets required for children 13 and under.
When your on-ice session is complete head upstairs to our lounge area for refreshments and social time with other curlers.
Hit the House events are one of the best ways to both try curling and experience Rock Creek Curling. These events will begin when we open in Fall 2021, and our calendar of events will be advertised soon. If you haven’t already, join our email list below to be the first to hear about our schedule of events.
INTRO TO CURLING COURSES
Now that you’ve tried curling and want to continue your curling adventure, an Intro to Curling course is a great next step. Call it “Curling 101.”
This course is a two-hour weekly session featuring instruction from the Rock Creek Curling team and gameplay that helps you build skills, learn the basics of the game, and develop strategy. Included in this course’s fee are rental curling shoes and club broom. We recommend one or two sessions of the Intro to Curling course before moving onto our full season leagues.
Membership to Rock Creek Curling is not required for an Intro to Curling course, but you can participate in this course as a member and take advantage of our membership benefits.
Fall Intro Course Offerings:
- Monday 6-8pm (Oct. 18 – Dec. 13)
- Tuesday 6-8pm (Oct. 19 – Dec. 14)
- Wednesday 10am-noon (Oct. 20 – Dec. 15)
- Wednesday 6-8pm (Oct. 20 – Dec. 15)
- Thursday 6-8pm (Oct. 21 – Dec. 16)
- Note: No courses the week of November 22 – 26
Registration for all fall Intro to Curling courses will open July 15. If you haven’t already, join our email list below to be the first to hear about our schedule of events. If you have any questions about events, please contact us at email@example.com.
JOIN ROCK CREEK TODAY!